Sunday, December 18, 2011
Re-craft the stacks of holiday cards from years past.... and make.....ORNAMENTS! They are simple to make and after you make just one ornament you will have the hang of it!
several used greeting or note cards
2-1/2" punch, or a glass with a 2-1/2" base for tracing
small scrap of cardboard
optional -- bone folder
1. Use the 2-1/2" punch (or trace a 2-1/2" glass base) to punch 20 circles from assorted cards. 2. Using a ruler and pencil, draw a triangle measuring 2-1/8" on all sides on a scrap of cardboard; cut out the triangle to use as a template.
3. Trace the triangle onto the back of each greeting card circle and score each circle along the triangle lines using a bone folder or ruler. The circle should fold so the printed sides of each circle are on the interior of a small triangle-bowl shape.
4. Using five of the scored circles, glue stick the flap of one circle to the flap of another, continuing with all five circles to form a star shape. Clamp together with binder clips and let dry for 15 minutes.
5. Working with 10 more greeting card circles for the middle layer, glue the flaps to the bottom layer flaps, clamp and let dry.
6. Use the last five greeting card circles to form a top layer. Glue, clamp and dry.
7. Punch one extended flap with the hole punch, thread a length of decorative ribbon and hang.