Monday, December 19, 2011

DIY - Country Chic Christmas


I love pink!  So we decided to whip up a pink and white crackle finish Christmas! Enjoy and Have a Super Happy Holiday Season....Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah.

XO Cathie



For the vase, we attached burlap to the front of a glass block with Mod Podge and then we layered the front with scrapbooking embellishments and snowflakes.  The twigs were wrapped with torn strips of muslin fabric and adorned with crackle finish birds.


 The wood birds were just .40 cents each at Michaels.  I have seen similar at Hobby Lobby and Jo-Ann Fabrics.

 To create the crackle effect.....I use Folk Art Crackle Medium.  Make sure the first coat of paint is VERY dry before applying a coat of Crackle Medium.

The crackle finish taking shape.  I love this look.  To alter further.....rub the edges with inks or water color markers.







Work in progress....To create the two-tone crackle, I only painted every other section with pink paint.

 I spy another crackle bird....



3 comments:

  1. Cathie these are so darn cute !! I'm definitely scraplifting !! Thanks & happy holidays !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! We had so much fun making these designs! Happy Holidays! XO Cathie

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and questions. Sometimes it takes me a few days to reply. Have a wonderful day!

Cathie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...