Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Chalkboard Paint!

Steve and I are flying out for QVC school today! We be schooled for our appearance that will take place on July 25th! more detail as they come....

We will be apart of the Christmas in July series and will be representing Plaid crafts. You know them.....Mod Podge (my favorite), Folk Art Paint, One Stroke, and now they have a new chalkboard paint.

The paint premiered at the January CHA and Steve and I got a chance to work with it making some kids crafts. This paint is awesome and will turn any surface into a chalkboard....even fabric!

The paint is available in 12 different eye popping colors.

Take a peek at some of the wonderful ideas on the internet!




From Real Simple via Craft Gossip
Thanks to Shellie Wilson the CraftGossip Painting Editor.


From Daily Danny via Craft Gossip
Thanks to Shellie Wilson the CraftGossip Painting Editor.

From Flicker via Craft Gossip
Thanks to Shellie Wilson the CraftGossip Painting Editor.


from boing boing

from ohdeedoh


kids chalkboard pillow - from me

The pillow was so easy to make! I used the fredrix sewpaintable fabric (12'x12") with 4 coats of the green paint to create the chalkboard square.

Next, I used a pinking sheer on the edge of the painted square to create a decorative edge.

I cut 2 squares (14"x14") from the blue alien fabric.

I sewed the chalkboard square to the center of one of the fabric squares.

I added a chalk pocket with a scrap of fabric to the side of the pillow.

Next I sewed the pillow right sides together, turned it right side out, stuffed the pillow and hand-stitched the opening closed.

1 comment:

  1. I thinking about doing the chalkboard paint backsplash in my kitchen. I hope it will tide us over until my husband and I finally agree on a permanent backsplash solution!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and questions. Sometimes it takes me a few days to reply. Have a wonderful day!

Cathie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...