Monday, May 07, 2012

Scrapbook Layout for HSN: Burlap Flowers, Smash and Woodgrain Chipboard Letters


It is a full day of paper crafts at studio Cathie and Steve.  We are in big time prep for our new scrapbooking shows at HSN. (May 10th and 11th)  When we developed Hot Glue Gun Helpers it was because we wanted to help prevent burns and cross hot glue into other craft categories...like paper arts and mixed media.  So when we got the news that our tools would be moving to the scrapbbook shows we were beyond thrilled! 

The flowers are from my supply shop but they can easily be whipped up with either glue or by sewing.  (I'll have a full tutorial on them in a few weeks.)

I like to use a ruler to line up chipboard letters.  These letters are by K&Company and are from the Edamame line.

Using the Hot Glue Gun Helpers tweezer helps prevent burns!

The finger caps make gluing ribbon a snap!

I cut a square of paper and punched the edges. 

Next, I added a paper border to the square.  The handwriting paper is one of our new designs for Mod Podge and will be available in Michaels in JUNE.  I used some decorative scissors to add a wave edge.

I attached with Hot Glue.

I added a little lacy trim to the center of the burlap flower.

I added some ribbon trim to the paper.

I added some paper flowers.  They are from my supply shop.

I used the tweezer to set the rhinestones.

I used a quote sheet from a Smash Quote stack.  I just love them!!! I used the paddle to attach with Hot Glue.  This tool helps prevent glue wrinkles.  Works with lots of different glues.

 
I used the press wand to glue the leather flower.  (the flower is from my stash - I think it was from a broken bracelet.)  The paper tags are from my stash too.  

 Lastly, I added more embellishments... buttons, resin flowers and more gems!

Enjoy~
Cathie

For more project ideas....watch my segments on HSN.  May 10th at 5am Eastern (Anna Griffin is in my hour too) and May 11th at Noon Eastern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and questions. Sometimes it takes me a few days to reply. Have a wonderful day!

Cathie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...