Mod Podge Coat Hangers
Customize your coat hangers with letters, designs, and images. It’s a great way to get your kids to have fun picking up their clothes!
Wooden clothes hanger
Light grit sand paper
Craft paints & brushes
Spray Varnish (or any type of varnish)
Small paper image
Mod Podge Gloss
1. Lightly sand the clothes hanger and wipe away and dust with a damp cloth.
2. Paint the hanger on both sides with craft paint and allow for drying. Add additional paint colors and designs by painting stripes, polka dots, wiggles, etc. Try different sized paintbrushes for various effects.
3. Apply decoupage medium to the hanger and the backside of the small paper image and apply the image to the center front of the hanger. Apply a light coat of decoupage to the entire hanger to even it out. Allow to dry.
4. Tape off the metal hook (hanger part) and varnish the entire hanger. Allow to dry and remove the tape.
5. Add details: Tie a bow around the metal hook and use Gem-tac to attach small rhinestones to the hanger.