Monday, October 04, 2010
Halloween Witch Crafts: Silver Party Tray & Napkin Rings
This little cutie is perfect for serving up some macabre treats! I used a thrift store sliver plated tray as the base. I picked the tray up for $7.99 and used some scrap velvet trim for the edging. This Mod Podge project was designed for Plaid. Pop by my page at Plaid to see this project and tons more ideas!!!
Mod Podge - Gloss
Thrift shop silver tray
Halloween decorative paper
Decorative velvet ribbon
1. Create a pattern by tracing the shape of the inside of the tray onto scrap paper. Use the pattern as a guide to cut out the shape from Halloween themed paper. You might need to piece the paper together depending on the size of the tray.
2. Coat both sides of the Halloween paper with Mod Podge, position on the base of the tray and top coat with more Mod Podge. Use your fingers to press out any air bubbles. Smooth your brush strokes. Allow to dry.
3. Hot glue velvet trim around the inside edge of the tray.
Mod Podge Gloss
Wood napkin rings
Hot glue gun and glue
1. Trim the paper into a strip that fits around the napkin ring.
2. Coat both sides of the strip with Mod Podge, position around the napkin ring and top coat with more Mod Podge. Use your fingers to press out any air bubbles. Smooth your brush strokes. Allow to dry.
3. Hot glue velvet trim around each edge of the napkin ring.
Posted by Cathie Filian at 9:52 AM