Monday, October 11, 2010
You can easily trick-out dollar store candles with just a few simple supplies. They are prefect for lining a walkway on Halloween night!
Three tall glass enclosed candles
4” wooden letters, spelling “E-E-K,” or “B-O-O”
Perfect Pearls embellishing pigment kit—by Ranger Ink
Spray bottle filled with water
8 mm jump rings
Needle-nosed jewelry pliers
1. Paint the wooden letters with craft paint and allow them to dry. An eerie mix of green and black paint or a ghostly white work well.
2. Rub the pad of Pearlizing Perfect medium on each letter. Use a paintbrush to dust the patina powders included in the kit on each letter. Spray with water from the spray bottle to set the pigments, and allow them to dry.
3. Use E6000 glue to attach an 8 mm jump ring to the back of each letter in the center and at the top. Position the jump ring so that approximately half of the ring is exposed at the top of the letter. Allow the glue to dry for at least 8 hours.
4. Wrap chain around the lip of the candle glass. Link the chain together to form a loop of chain around the top of the candle with a tail of chain.
5. Use the needle-nosed pliers to attach another jump ring to the jump rings on the letters. Attach this second jump ring to the chain.