It’s the sweetest treat on a hot summer afternoon- homemade peach ice cream. Grab a spoon and dig in!
Ice cream maker
3 cups sliced peaches
1 ½ cup sugar
juice from one lemon
1 ¼ cups whole milk
2 ¾ cup whipping cream
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
1. Mix the peaches, ½ cup of the sugar, and lemon in a bowl. Allow the flavors to blend for about half an hour.
2. Put the peach mixture in a blender and puree.
3. Add the milk and the remaining 1-cup of sugar to a separate bowl. Mix with a hand mixer to dissolve the sugar.
4. Add the whipping cream, vanilla, and the peach puree. Mix together.
5. Process the ice cream in the ice cream maker per the manufacturer’s instructions. Scoop into containers and keep in the freezer. If the ice cream is soupy right out of the maker, it will firm up with time in the freezer.