Gallery Glass Goes Modern!
black onyx gallery glass
image to paint
options: paper and recycled items like records, bubble wrap, magazine pages
1. Remove the glass from the frame and clean the glass with glass cleaner.
2. Place a graphic image or vintage album under the glass. You can create your own graphic image by photoshoping your own pictures or look for graphic images in mags and online. To photoshop your own pictures adjust the color to black and white and then adjust the threshold until you are happy with the design. If you find a small image that you love, just increase the size on a photocopier.
3. Don't shake the gallery glass! Apply the gallery glass over the areas where you want paint. For the Liz Taylor, chandelier and the bird pieces I painted every area that was black. For the record album I highlighted just the conductor. Allow the gallery glass to dry for up to 24 hours.
4. For a Fabric Backing: Attach a piece of felt to the backing board of the frame with tacky glue, attach a piece of fabric to the backing board by wrapping it like a present, use duct tape to secure to the back.
5. For a Recycled Backing: Layer up vintage records, papers, bubble wrap, junk mail, grocery bags, etc. to the backing board to create a design.
6. Once the gallery glass has completely dried, place the glass on top of the backing board and secure into the frame.