Thursday, June 19, 2014

Handmade 4th of July Dress for Miss S. from McCall's M6912

Miss S's first 4th of July is just around the corner so like any new mom I wanted to get or make a cute little dress or something for her to wear to show off her USA spirit. Especially since we will be on our great road-trip adventure to the Grand Canyon and Colorado!


 McCalls M6912 - Baby Sewing Pattern


I found this fabric at Jo-Ann Fabrics.  I fell in love with the owls and Miss S's name is represented by Owls so that is pretty cool too.  I have a thing for "big-eyed" things and dolls so it was really no surprise when this ended up in our cart.

The pattern was very simple to make and pretty quick too.  It has no snaps, buttons or zippers so I think this pattern is perfect for a beginner.  I opted to add some heat set rhinestones and rick-rac trim.


The gems just add a little kick and sparkle.  They are easy to apply with the heat wand.

All finished and ready for Poopsie and our 4th of July celebrations!


She LOVES the bloomers.



I have already started on a second one..... this dress will be
for cousin Tuckers outer-space themed 2nd Birthday Party.

1 comment:

I love comments and questions. Sometimes it takes me a few days to reply. Have a wonderful day!

Cathie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...