These are so easy and fun to make.
Perfect for gift giving!
Folkart – Artists Pigment Black 479
Folkart Acrylic Paint Metallic Gunmetal Gray 667
Mod Podge Gloss
1.5” Wooden Nickel Disk
Paintbrush – detail
Laser Copied Photo (shrunken to fit the wooden nickel)
Marvy Circle Punch 1.5”
Rhinestones – Various Sizes and Colors
Heavyduty Glue – E6000
Scrap Piece of Paper or Felt
2 Yards Vintage Seam Binding or Soft Ribbon
1. Begin by painting the wooden nickel disk with black paint. Once dry, paint the rim of the disk with metallic gray paint. Dry-brush for an antique look.
2. Punch the copied photo with the circle punch. Coat the back of the punched photo with Mod Podge. Position the paper on the wood disk. Press with your fingers to remove any air bubbles. Top-coat with a layer of Mod Podge. Allow to dry.
3. Glue the rhinestones around the top edge of the disk with Mod Podge. Allow the glue to dry.
4. Apply a thin coat of Dimensional Magic to the top of the disk. Apply over the image from edge to edge. Allow to dry in a non-drafty place. Don’t move until dry.
5. Using pliers, remove one large link from the chain. Using heavy-duty glue, glue 1/2 of the link to the top center back of the wood disk. Glue a scrap of paper or felt over the ring to hid it.
6. Cut a 4” piece from the seam binding. With strip, tie the pendant to the center of the chain. Cut the remaining piece of seam binding in half. Thread each one through the ends of the chain and tie in a knot. To wear, tie around the neck.