P.S. This is also a great hostess gift!
Materials:FolkArt Acrylic Colors - Red Velvet
FolkArt Acrylic Colors - Olive Green
Mod Podge Matte
Scrapbook papers (stripes; dots; checks and floral)
2 decorative buttons
Wood letters spelling GIVE THANKS
Hot glue and glue gun
1. Paint the plaque with two coats of red velvet paint. Allow to dry.
2. Trace around the top of the plaque to make a template of the shape. Cut one shape from a piece of striped scrapbook paper, cut a second one slightly smaller from dotted paper.
3. Coat both sides of the stripe paper with Mod Podge, position on the top of the plaque and topcoat with more Mod Podge. Use your fingers to press out any air bubbles. Smooth your brush strokes. Allow to dry. Layer the dotted paper over the stripe paper in the same fashion using Mod Podge.
4. Use craft punches to punch out scalloped circles and plain circles from scrapbook paper.
5. Using Mod Podge (step three) attach the circles in a layered pattern on the top and bottom of the plaque. Once dry hot glue a button in the center.
6. Paint the wood letters with Olive Green paint. Once dry, hot glue across the plaque.
7. Add a hanger, by hot gluing a ribbon to the back of the plaque.