Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Bake it: Easy Roasted Garlic



Roasted garlic is one of our favorite treats. We spread it on small hard breads and crackers, use it in salad dressings and marinades, we even add it to omelets.

I have been making roasted garlic using a whole head of garlic for years but only recently started experimenting with the pre-peeled garlic. Pre-peeled garlic is usually sold in the refrigerated section of the produce section at any grocery store.

I used the Trader Joe's brand for this recipe. I have used the jumbo tub from Costco for larger amounts and parties. Sometimes it comes in a jar or tub and other times it is in shrink packaging. Just look around your shop or ask the produce person.

At first, I was a little unsure of the "pop of flavor" or "mellow bite" the pre-peeled would have. I was pleasantly surprised at the delicious flavor, smooth texture and ease of working with pre-peeled garlic.

What You Will Need:
1 package of pre-peeled garlic
kosher salt
pepper
olive oil
ramekin
tin foil
cookie sheet



1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.

2. Fill a oven proof ramekin 3/4 full with garlic, sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper and generously drizzle with olive oil.


3. Cover with foil and place on a jelly roll cookie sheet (one with a lip around the edge).


4. Bake for 40 -50 minutes. Carefully remove from oven. Garlic should be soft on the inside and slightly firm on the outside.


5. Use a fork or tongs to remove the garlic from the oil. Ready to serve warm or room temperature. The remaining olive oil can be cooled and used for salad dressing.

3 comments:

  1. I love Garlic. So much so that I'm trying my hat at growing some this year. I can't wait to try this. Thanks Cathie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiff - you are gonna love this easy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, I really hate garlic before..I don't like its smell but when I went to my cousin's house she cooked a recipe like this. And from then on, I started like eating garlic little by little.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and questions. Sometimes it takes me a few days to reply. Have a wonderful day!

Cathie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...