Friday, April 23, 2010

Fashion Friday: Spring Fling headbands

This little cutie can be whipped up in under an hour and is the perfect spring accessory. I used an Amy Butler paper and some of my stash flowers for this design. Of course you can tailor this design concept to any color palette or paper print. For best results, choose a flat wide headband. I have found inexpensive ones at the dollar store, target and at teen shops. Remember, even if the color is wrong on the one you purchase if won't matter because you are going to be covering it.

Materials:
Mod Podge Paper - Matte
1" Foam brush
Scrap paper
Decorative paper
Pencil
Scissor
Wax paper
Rick-rack trim
Hot glue
3 small silk flowers
3 medium rhinestones
Scrap of coordinating ribbon

Steps:
1. Create a template of the headband by tracing it on a piece of scrap paper. Using the template as a guide, cut the headband shape from the decorative paper.

2. Using a piece of wax paper and a foam brush, coat the back and front side of the paper with Mod Podge. Position the paper on the headband, press out any air bubbles with your fingers and smooth your brush strokes. Allow to dry.

3. Hot glue rick-rack trim to the edges of the headband. Hot glue silk flowers to the mid-top section. Hot glue a rhinestone to the center of the flowers. Hot glue a scrap of ribbon around the two ends of the headband to secure the rick-rack. Allow to dry.

3 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I picked up a couple of blank headbands the other day to fix for my great niece and my cousins' little girls. As always, you inspired me. I've definitly got the paper and rick rack and I'll do some Sissiz flowers. You and Eddie and Max have a GREAT weekend. Your old fossil friend, Deb :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant SIZZIX. Sorry Sizzix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute. I think I'll try to make some. I always have paper and silk flowers. Would Triple Thick work....I don't have Mod Podge.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and questions. Sometimes it takes me a few days to reply. Have a wonderful day!

Cathie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...