Tuesday, September 08, 2009

101 years old: a life well lived

101 years old: a life well lived

As my grandmother just passed her 101 birthday, it seems as though, she is nearing the end of her life. Yes, a long and happy life! She is an inspiration, anchor of strength and a bull dog! It is most likely, within a few weeks, she will no longer be on plant earth. But, I know that she will be watching, teaching and playing from above. She might also contribute her opinion.....(just ask my mom...or dad).

She is the woman who taught me how to sew, how to debate, how to protest, how to feel compassion for those who have not, how to stand in the face of opposition and how to face life with energy and optimism. She also arranged for me to sleep on my cousin Mark's sofa for a summer in NYC while I interned at Betsey Johnson. Very clever.

Here is a peek.........

Grandmother and Granddad at Aunt Ellen's wedding.


Grandmother sewing on the same machine she taught me how to sew on.

Grandmother and Great Aunt Mimi exploring the world in Africa.

Mom and Grandmother looking at fruit trees....?

Grandmother and Mimi ready for a day at the beach.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, she seems like an amazing woman! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and questions. Sometimes it takes me a few days to reply. Have a wonderful day!

Cathie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...