Grilled Salmon Salad
This really should be made the day before serving.
1 - 2 pounds grilled or baked salmon (de-boned and skin removed)
3 cups spiral pasta
1 cup light sour cream
1 cup light mayonnaise
1 cup chopped orange and yellow bell peppers
3/4 cup chopped and drained tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped purple onion
1 large bunch fresh dill
salt and pepper to taste
1. Grill the Salmon or bake. For baking, cook at 450 for 15 min or until done. Cool. Using a fork flake the grilled salmon into bite sized chunks. Chill.
2. In a separate bowl combine the sour cream, mayo, peppers, tomatoes and onion.
3. Prepare the pasta al dente** sytle. Drain. Rinse with cold water. Lightly toss with olive oil if the pasta is sticking.
4. Toss the pasta and sour creme mixture, add the dill and fold in the salmon. Sprinkle the top with fresh dill.
5. Chill until you serve. Delicious as a leftover.
**Al dente refers to the desired texture of cooked pasta in Italian cooking. It literally means "to the tooth". When the pasta is cooked al dente, there should be a slight resistance in the center when the pasta is chewed.
I am going to give this a try.ReplyDelete