Monday, March 17, 2008

Home From Knoxville!

At The Expo

I had such a wonderful time in Knoxville - my trip was short, sweet and full of fun.

I arrived in TN at 10:00pm on Friday and was whisked to my hotel room by a lovely lad who is in an indie band called The Book Of Law - you can check out their myspace here: The Book Of Law.

I stayed at the Sheraton Cumberland House which is adjacent to the convention center and the UT campus. It is a beautiful hotel with a lovely staff. Anyone visiting Knoxville should stay here.... the beds are divine and the breakfast was delicious and reasonably priced.

I got to bed as early as possible - because I had to be up at 6:30am which was like 3:30am for me. I brought along some clear eyes to deal with the time change.

The convention was awesome. Loads of vendors, make-up, handmade items, good people and crafters. I also got to meet two very special fans of Creative Juice. They were both around 5 years old and so adorable. Future crafters!! I'll be posting all the projects in a 2nd blog post.

Demo Time
After my demo I explored the convention and spent some time hanging with the knoxmoms in their pretend garden area.


The Knox Moms were so sweet and helpful. Their website is loaded with info and meet-ups for Moms in the Knoxville area. You can check out their website here: www.knoxmoms.com. Their booth was awesome! It was filled with activities for kids, the zoo had a small section and they had face paintings complete with knoxmoms temporary tattoos.

The Knox Moms


As I was exploring the convention, I discovered lots of great crafty vendors, kids services and inventors in the Knoxville area. Check out the cool companies below.

Barnes and Noble with the Creative Juice Book Display!













No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and questions. Sometimes it takes me a few days to reply. Have a wonderful day!

Cathie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...