Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My Creative Mom!

(That's my Mom in the black t-shirt - top photo)


Lots of people know that I am pretty creative, but what most people don't know is that my Mom (Amelie Rogers) is not only "creative" but she is an oil painter and a fine one at that!


Snack Time by Amelie Rogers

My mom is taking part in a very special benefit for the Orphans of Zimbabwe. She is contributing a painting for an exhibit at Lagerquist Gallery in Atlanta. All proceeds from the collecting of paintings will go to the orphans of Zimbabwe. For more info on Zimbabwe here is a link from the BBC and from Wikipedia.

Other artists include, Geoffrey Johnson, Edward Cooper, Dodie Petro, Linda Stokes and 34 other artists.

The painting is Snack Time and it features two giraffe's having a nibble, it measures 16X20 and is oil on canvas. The painting is inspired by a photograph that my grandfather shot in the mid 60's while doing humanitarian work in Africa.

The benefit will be held at Lagerquist Gallery in Atlanta, Georgia on December 9th at 5:00 pm.

For more Info:
Lagerquist Gallery
3235 Paces Ferry Place, NW
Atlanta, GA 30305
404-261-8273

This is a copy of the photo my grandfather shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and questions. Sometimes it takes me a few days to reply. Have a wonderful day!

Cathie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...