Summer Style via Cathie and Steve....ok well maybe more Cathie on this one! This time we are altering a Cowboy Hat with Mod Podge and Fabric! This project can be whipped up in under an hour. So grab some Fabric Mod Podge and your favorite floral fabric and get making! We nabbed the plain hat for 9 bucks and the fabric was less than 2 bucks!
1. Cut out the flower motifs from the fabric.
2. Apply the Fabric Mod Podge to the back of the fabric.
3. Position the fabric pieces to the hat. Smooth with your fingers.
4. On the curves: cut darts (slits) in the fabric and overlap the ends.
5. Add sparkle! Paint Mod Podge Extreme Glitter over the flowers.
6. This is the Extreme Glitter Mod Podge dried. I love the different sparkles.
7. Glue a ribbon for a hat band and add gems for bigger sparkle.
Cathie and Steve