Jar Gifts get a Mod Podge makeover with our new holiday papers!
Jar Gifts are so popular! You can use recycled jars or new jars ~ either way with a little Mod Podge and scrapbook paper you can create a custom look on the outside. Fill the jars with anything from caramel corn or candy to cookie mix or bath salts.
This project we designed with our new Mod Podge Papers and Podgeable Snowflakes. Available at most Michaels. Check out our page at Plaid to view all our Mod Podge projects.
What you need:
Clean recycled jar
Mod Podge Holiday Papers or other holiday themed scrapbook papers
Mod Podge ® Hard Coat, 8 oz.
Plaid ® Hot Glue Gun Helpers
Ribbons and trim
1. Cut a piece of Mod Podge Holiday themed paper to fit the lid of the jar. Apply a coat of Mod Podge to the back of the paper and position on top of the lid. Smooth any air bubbles with your finger. Wait 15 min. and top-coat with a layer of Mod Podge.
2. Hot glue ribbons and trims around the edge of the lid.
3. Cut a pieces and designs of Mod Podge Holiday themed paper to fit around the jar. Apply a coat of Mod Podge to the back of the paper and position on top of the lid. Smooth any air bubbles with your finger. Wait 15 min. and top-coat with a layer of Mod Podge.
4. Fill the jar with holiday snacks and seal with the lid. Tie twine ribbon around the jar. Hot glue a flower and gem to the tie.
PROJECT TIP: To get the jar and lid super clean, soak in vinegar and wash in the dishwasher.
* DIY VIDEO ~ 15 Holiday Craft and Gift Wrapping Ideas ~ DIY VIDEO *
Watch this video for 15 Holiday Craft and Gift Wrapping idea using the Podgeable Papers and Snowflakes.
Join us on Facebook, instagram, pinterest and twitter!
Cathie and Steve