Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cooking Mini Quiches Cured my Blues

Mini Quiche makes me SMILE!

Today was my first day off in 12 days and I was in need of major retail therapy, some time in the  kitchen and a good movie.  Thankfully a shopping trip to Target yielded a tube of Tom's of Main Toothpaste, an awesome mini pie pan from Wilton and a neon pink bangle bracelet. 



Yesterday was a grueling day at work and I was close to a breaking point....and that is just not right!  Don't worry, it is very hard to actually break me....LOL.  Nothing a good glass of wine and a few choice words (privately) couldn't cure.

The good news is that my day off was amazing.  I got to facetime with the Hubby (he is in Bangkok on a Food Network show.)  I baked some amazing bacon, egg, mushroom and cheese quiches in my new mini pie pan and I found Rear Window on my DVR.  Oh and Mad Men premiers tonight... woo hoo.

As the sun goes down, I am back to happy camper.  All in all ~ I am reminded everyday about what REALLY matters and I am glad that I can distinguish the difference.

BTW the Quiche was yummy.

XO and Smiles,
Cathie


I made 3 pies since the hubby is gone.

For three pies: (double for six pies)
1 ready made pie crust
2 eggs
3/4 cup of equally mixed milk and 1/2 and 1/2
Palm-full of herbs: basil, oregano and parsley
1/2 cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
Salt and pepper
1 1/2 cups chopped veggies
4 small strips of bacon  - cooked and crumbled

The new pan!  Loved it!

 I use store bought pie crust rolled onto a floured counter.
If you make six pies you will need 2 pie crusts.

 I cut 5" circles with kitchen scissors.

I pressed them into the pie pan.  No greasing needed.

I whipped the eggs, milk and herbs. 

Then I added the chopped veggies, cheese and crumbled bacon.

I poured the mix into the pie crusts and topped with a carved pie crust leaf.
I baked at 350 Fahrenheit for 40 min.  Start checking for doneness at 25 min.
Allow the pies to cool in the pan for 15 and then transfer to a rack.
I used a mini spatula to lift the pies from the pan.

It was fantastic.  
I tucked the other two cooled pies in the fridge for the next few days.
I have never frozen one.....might give that a test.



1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how many f bombs I dropped today. Ask Mike. Email me what happened and I'll teach you some more choice words. Love you sweetie

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and questions. Sometimes it takes me a few days to reply. Have a wonderful day!

Cathie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...