Monday, January 23, 2012

DIY: Valentine Candy or Gift Box with Altered Cherubs

Valentine Gift Box with Altered Cherubs


Here are some new cuties in the shop.  They are perfect for altering with paints, inks and glitter.  Please visit the materials list at the end of the post for all the items used.


Begin by painting the cherubs with gold paint.  For this design I used 3 coats of FolkArt Gold paint.


Next, I applied Mod Podge with a detail brush to the areas I wanted to glitter.


Sprinkle with glitter.


Paint a paper box with the same gold paint.


To finish off the box, I Mod Podged a piece of paper to the top of the box.  (BTW - the paper is a sneak peek at our new line of papers - Summer 2012) Next, I hot glued the cherub to the top of the box and I added gems to the top.  Lastly, I hot glued a strip of metallic ribbon around the edge of the lid of the box.

Materials Used:

Paintbrush
Paper Box
Scissors
Foam Paintbrush
Hot Glue
Rhinestones



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and questions. Sometimes it takes me a few days to reply. Have a wonderful day!

Cathie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...