Sunday, July 31, 2011

Creative Pasadena: Bead Show and Around Town

Beautiful Pasadena - just a quick drive my home and where my sissy lives - is one of my favorite shopping places.  They have a Container Store (my office is elfa), a giant Forever 21 (I call it forever 40) and some creative finds.

Our first stop was the Pasadena Bead Show.  It was loaded with lots of great items.  We were a little overwhelmed by all the colors and sparkles.  I picked up a small carved elephant and stand of red quartz for my sister.

As you can see it was beads galore.  They had classes and make-and-takes too!

I really fell in love with these bracelets made from WireKnitz.   

I love this one too!  The material is soooo soft to wear and can be crafted into thousands of designs.  The material is copper wire tubular knit.  You can stretch, stitch, roll, bead, braid, weave, layer and shape it - nothing goes to waste!  Really cool.

I love all the colors!!! The fine folks a WireKnitZ have a list of retailers who stock the product.  Have a peek at all the colors here.

Lauren, aka The Chain Maille Lady was busy teaching classes when we popped by the booth for a few snaps. 
This is a signature piece (I think it was called the centipede spine) - It felt amazing on...so slinky.

How about this head-dress!  Wow that is tons of work!  All handmade.

I really need this ring from Cool and Interesting.  It was fabulous and the young lady who was helping me (she was about 8) was so cute and she knew everything about the pieces. 

For foodies....This is a must have ring!  Also from Cool and Interesting.


My sissy picked up the gold petal trio necklace.  Also from Cool and Interesting

We spotted Gypsy Dragon they were a vintage buttons and cabochon dealer. 
This drawer pull was made with Art Glass Clay by Paula Radke

She has lots of colors.  Really fun stuff!!

Love the look of the finished pieces.

Next stop was Zinnia.  A curious creative shop, that is loaded with fun stuff, handmade goodies, awesome cards and inspiring finds.  I will be back!  Oh and they have classes too - see the list here.

Erin is exploring the goodies.

Blush Blush.... I heart Mod Podge and Plaid!

 Next stop Common Thread.  What a fun surprise! 


 They have a cute little gift and book boutique.

I spied my friend's new book!

 They have sewing classes and open stitch labs for those who already know how to sew.

3 comments:

  1. love that fork ring!!Pasadena isn't far for me..wish I'd been able to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a fabulously fun day sissy! I heart u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was such a pleasure seeing you again and meeting the lovely Erin!! Thanks for comming to my class to say hi!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and questions. Sometimes it takes me a few days to reply. Have a wonderful day!

Cathie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...