Slow Cooker Chicken.
This recipe is so simple and it is delicious. The chicken will just fall off the bone. No additional water or broth has been added - just yummy garlic, onions and spices. The juices seen in the picture are natural and perfect for making your own stock.
1 whole chicken
6 cloves of garlic
crazy jane's mixed up salt (or kosher salt)
1. Thoroughly wash the chicken. Remove any cavity inserts. Pat dry with a paper towel.
2. Chop the onions and garlic. Place on the bottom of the slow cooker.
3. Place the chicken on top of the onions and garlic.
4. Rub paprika, cayenne pepper on the chicken. Sprinkle with parsley, salt and pepper.
5. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8 hours. All cookers are slightly different so be sure to check your times. My slow cooker, cooks this in 4.5 hours.
6. To make a broth, skim the fat from the remaining liquid and vegetables in the pan. Add a few chopped carrots, 2 celery stems, the bones from the chicken and 4 cup of water. Simmer on low for 5 hours. Discard the bones and vegetables by straining the liquid. Skim the fat from the remaining liquid. This should yield approximately 6 cups of broth. Freeze and use for soups and stews.