Make This: An Organic Family Tree
It’s a whole new take on the family tree, as we sink a real tree branch into plaster of Paris and decorate it with cherished family photos.
Plaster Of Paris Hobby & Craft Dry Mix 4.4 lb
Disposable Paint Stick
Decorative Container – No holes in the bottom
Various twigs and branches – ones with multiple leads work best
Ranger Ink Memory Glass
Ranger Ink Memory Frames
Additional paper embellishments
Round nose pliers
Moss or grass
Let's Make it!
1. Use the mixing bucket and mix the Plaster of Paris as instructed on the package.
2. Fill the decorative container with the Plaster of Paris and stick in the twigs. Tape them to the bucket if you need extra stability. Allow 30 minutes for it to dry.
3. Building the Frames: Trace 2 pieces of the scrapbook paper to the size of the slide and cut them out.
5. Sandwich between the two pieces of glass, then slide them into the frame. Add a bit of ribbon to the wire loop to create a hanger. Hang the frame on the tree. Repeat for all your family members.
6. Fill the decorative container with moss to cover the plaster.