Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bake it: Brunch Casserole


 Bake it: Brunch Casserole

I have a top secret ingredient in this breakfast casserole...it is stuffing and it makes the most delicious and savory addition to the eggs.  For years, I dried my own bread for this recipe and now due to time, I cheat with stuffing and ya know...I like it better.  The herbs add such a delicious flavor.



What you will need:

2 cups stuffing mix (I like the chicken flavor)
2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups cooked and drained sausage
6 eggs, beaten
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
1/2 teaspoon salt

Let's Cook!

Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahremheit

In a large bowl, combine stuffing, onions, mushrooms, cheese and sausage.

 Beat six eggs.

Add the eggs and milk to the mixture and combine well.

 Bake in a greased 9X11 baking diah for 45 minutes or until firm. 
Serve warm.  Will slice like quiche. 

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:27 AM

    OH Thanks, I am going to try this in the morning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmhh, votre recette va traverser l'Atlantique! Merci !

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a great recipe~! easy...never THOUGHT of using stuffing!! more flavor than just bread....thanks for this!! I want to try it!
    Lee in Texas

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and questions. Sometimes it takes me a few days to reply. Have a wonderful day!

Cathie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...