Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Requested Recipe: Grizzly Bear Granola
This yummy and easy treat was featured on our kids explore episode of Creative Juice. You can whip up a big batch in under an hour! Makes a great snack to have on hand or wrap it up in jars, tins or cello and give as a gift.
4 cups old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. In a saucepan warm the oil and honey. Whisk in the vanilla.
3. In a bowl mix the oats, almonds, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon.
4. Carefully pour the liquid over the oat mixture. Stir gently with a wooden spoon; finish mixing by hand. Spread the granola on a lipped cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake 40 minutes, stirring carefully every 10 minutes. Transfer granola-filled pan to a rack to cool completely.
6. Stir in raisins or cranberries.
7. Seal granola in an airtight container or self-sealing plastic bag. Store at room temperature for 1 week or in the freezer for 3 months.
Posted by Cathie Filian at 8:09 AM