These projects are from my book, 101 Snappy Fashions!
Holiday tee aren't just for grown ups! Whip up a plain baby snapsuit (Gerber Onesies) into a holiday themed one with applique, tie-dye and embroidery.
Santa Baby Materials:
Red Baby Snapsuit (or a dyed one)
Santa Themed Fabric
Fusible Webbing / Iron
Sew machine and hand needle and thread
1. Using an iron, attach fusible webbing to the back of Santa themed fabric. Cut around the Santa motif. Position the motif in the top center of the snapsuit and attach with an iron.
2. Sew around the Santa motif with a straight, zig-zag or satin stitch. If you don't have a machine, hand sew to secure the edges with thread or embroidery floss.
3. Hand sew a pom-pom to the top of Santa's hat.
Spin Baby (Hanukkah) Materials:
White Baby Snapsuit
RIT Turquoise Fabric Dye
Felt Square - baby blue
Embroidery Floss and Needle
1. Using a rubber-band and turquoise fabric dye, tie-dye a circle in the front center of a snapsuit.
2. Cut a dreidel shape from felt. Position the shape in the dyed circle. Using a satin stitch, embroider the the Hebrew letter Nun, the Gimel, Hei, or Shin over the felt shape.