Shed a little "fright light" on your table with this spooky candelabra crafted from a thrift shop find. This Extreme Glitter project was designed for Plaid. Pop by my page at Plaid to see this project and tons more ideas!!!
What you will need:
FolkArt Extreme Glitter- Silver
FolkArt Artists Pigments - Pure Black
FolkArt Metallics - Gunmetal Gray
FolkArt Acrylic Colors - Taffy
Mod Podge Brushstroke - Gloss
4 wood oval disks (with drilled holes)
Decorative punch (tag shape)
Halloween themed papers
Printed Halloween words
Hot glue gun and glue
Jump-rings and pliers
Bead and chain embellishments
1. Prime the candelabra and allow to dry. Coat with two coats of pure black paint. Allow to dry. Once dry coat with two coats of Silver Extreme glitter.
2. Working on the wood disks, paint one side of the disk Gunmetal Gray. Dry brush taffy paint around the edge. Paint the edges, side edges and back of the disk with Pure Black paint.
3. For each disk, punch tag shapes from Halloween themed paper. Attach the center of the disk with Mod Podge. Coat each piece with Mod Podge, position onto the disk and top coat with more Mod Podge. Attach cut out words in the same fashion. Allow to dry.
4. On each disk, dry brush Silver Extreme Glitter on the tag in a random pattern. Hot glue rhinestones to the disk. Attach to the candelabra with jump-rings.
5. Use jump-rings to attach decorative elements in the other holes on the candelabra. You can use old earrings, crystal drops, charms, pearls or scrapbooking embellishments.