Saturday, October 16, 2010
101 Tees: I BITE Halloween Tee
Freezer Paper or self-stick shelf liner
Self Healing Mat
FolkArt Red Fabric Paint
1. Using scrap paper draw a simple Halloween image or sketch the mouth from above. Make a stencil of the sketch by laying freezer paper or shelf liner over the sketch, tape them together. Tape both pieces to the self-healing mat. Use the sharp craft knife to cut out the design leaving a border around the design.
2. Using a ruler as a guide, align the cutout on the tee. For freezer paper stencils, use a warm iron to attach the wax side of the paper to the tee. For shelf liner, stick the cutout design to the tee. Stick the insides of the letters.
3. Dab a stencil brush in red fabric paint. You want to work with a semi-dry brush, so tap off enough excess paint. Working up and down, tap the brush over the stencil.
4. Allow the paint to dry. Peel off the stencil and follow the manufacturer’s instructions to heat set the paint.
5. Attach iron-on letters that spell - "I Bite" under the painted design.
My latest book, 101 Tees (Lark Books) will hit the shelves August 2011!
Posted by Cathie Filian at 10:01 AM