Thursday, August 26, 2010
This little cutie began as an outdated holiday themed cookie stand and a cotton print thrift store skirt. Before I began the revamp, I washed the skirt and scrubbed the cookie stand clean.
What You Need:
Folkart Acrylic Paint – 643 Azure Blue
Mod Podge - matte
Printed Cotton Fabric
1. Disassemble the cookie stand. Prime all the parts individually and allow to dry.
2. Paint the stem with two coats of azure blue paint.
3. Cut the fabric slightly larger than the plates. Working on wax paper, coat each piece of fabric with mod podge (both sides). Place the fabric over the top of the plate and smooth with your fingers. Allow to dry. Once dry, trim the edges so they match with the plate. Repeat for the other plate.
4. Pierce the fabric over the plate holes and reassemble the cake stand. Add a bow to the top.
5. Wipe with a damp cloth to clean.