Thursday, March 18, 2010

Garden is Growing!

You may remember back to this post where Eddie and I built our new raised garden bed. We were a little late in the season for planting, so we had to wait till this spring to get our little plant babies into the soil.

So far our little plants are taking quite well.

The radishes are showing their leaves. I'll have to thin the weakest.

The baby bib is so tasty!!

I love the kick of arugula in a salad.

A pop of color from the bougainvillea.

First year for action on our Mexican Dwarf Lime.

A pop of pink.
I just love Geranium flowers, they are so hearty and full of color.

Roma Tomatoes!! I use them for freezing sauces.

Still waiting on carrots!

A few strawberries are fruiting. Yummy for breakfast.

For Other GROW projects Go here>

3 comments:

  1. We are hoping to get a garden going this year. Right now our garden spot is over grown with mint and garlic and a few fruit trees that need fertilizing.

    Yours is beautiful. Did your hubbs make the garden box?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually my folks got it for us for our b-days last year. We are August and September - I am older by 2 weeks. I have seen several different styles available by mail order and lots of building plans online. The book Square Foot Gardening is awesome. We are using most of his principles - with our twist. We eat so many salads that it seems silly not to have one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathie,
    It's so refreshing to see your little garden! We still have a few patches of snow here in NY. Looking forward to seeing grass & to play in the dirt. We lost all of our tomatoes last yr. :o( Hopefully we'll have better luck this year. I love garden salads too! I call it "rabbit food." Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and questions. Sometimes it takes me a few days to reply. Have a wonderful day!

Cathie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...