Monday, December 28, 2009

Make it: New Years Eve Party Hats




You can custom make your own New Year's Eve party hats with a few simple supplies and some basic hats from the dollar store. I found several different varieties for altering. Happy New Year!

Materials:
FolkArt paint – silver anniversary 506
FolkArt Extreme Glitter – silver
Mod Podge matte
Dollar store party hats - cardboard
Foam paintbrush
Scrapbook papers
Hoot glue
Feathers and feather trim
Chipboard shapes
Silk flowers
Rhinestones

Steps:

1. Begin with dollar store party hats. Disassemble the hats.

2. To make a glitter hat, paint the hat with the silver anniversary paint. Next, topcoat with three layers of silver extreme glitter. Once dry reassemble the hat.

3. To make a Mop Podge hat, trace the hat shape onto the back of a piece of scrapbook paper. Trim the paper. Apply mod podge to the back of the paper and position onto the cardboard hat. Use you fingers to press out any air bubbles. Apply Mod Podge to the front of the paper if desired.

4. Decorate: Using hot glue, add feather trims, decorative trims and loose feathers to the hats. Add chipboard shapes or rhinestones letters to the hats. Hot glue silk flowers to the hats.

5 comments:

  1. Cathie this is such a fabulous way to ring in the new year!! I'll be linking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathie, Hoot glue? LOL..... I'm going to make these with my granddaughter's (10 & 7) for New Year's Eve. I'm sure we will have fun making them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:57 AM

    wow! very cute and festive! i was thinking about making new years eve hats and now with your great ideas i just might have to! cant wait to look around your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so gorgeous! I linked to this post from my party blog:
    http://blowoutparty.com/blog/?p=305
    Can't wait to see what else you have on this awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cathie, these are too cute, so I had to share in my blog! I hope you don't mind. Check out my post. I included your link so that they are directed to your site for your tutorial!!

    :o) Happy Holidays from Cute and Sassy Designs by Bonnie

    This is the link to my post :o)
    http://www.cutesassy.com/2010/12/cute-girly-new-years-hats-tutorials.html

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and questions. Sometimes it takes me a few days to reply. Have a wonderful day!

Cathie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...