Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Used greeting or note cards
Potpourri, dried lavender, cinnamon sticks, etc.
Long-reaching 1/4-inch hole punch
Hot glue and glue gun
1. Use the scissors to trim the greeting or note card to a smaller size, if desired. Be sure to not trim the folded edge.
2. Use the hole punch to punch several holes in the front and back of the card.
3. Trim two pieces of tulle slightly smaller than each side of the card and glue each to the inside of the card with a glue stick.
4. Pour a small mound of potpourri, dried lavender, or a couple of cinnamon sticks onto the center of one side of the card.
5. Cut a one-foot long length of decorative ribbon, form into a loop, and lay the ends of the loop on the opposite side of the card fold.
6. Line all three unfolded edges of one side of the card with hot glue.
7. Fold the card together and press the edges together. Be certain that the ribbon loop is well secured. Allow the glue to cool and hang the sachet.