Wrap it: handmade gift bags
Delight modeling paper clay
Food grade silicone spray
Nature rubberstamps – leaf designs
Pearlizing medium – by Plaid
Distressed embossing powder—by Ranger Ink
Kraft paper gift bag
Twine or waxed cotton string
1. Place the paper clay in between 2 layers of wax paper and use a rolling pin to roll the compound to ¼ inch thickness.
2. Remove top layer of wax paper, and spray the stamp with food grade silicone spray to prevent sticking. Stamp nature images into the compound.
3. Using a pair of craft scissors to carefully cut around the stamped images. Punch a hole in the wet paper clay with a bamboo skewer. Allow to air dry for 2 days.
4. Add the pearlizing medium to the craft paint and mix well. Paint the mixed paint and medium onto the leaf shape. Add highlights by using gold craft paint mixed with pearlizing medium. Allow the paint to dry.
5. Rubber stamp the gift bag using the same stamps. Use different colors of ink and emboss some of the stamps with embossing powder and a heat gun. Work over a manila file folder to catch stray powder and funnel it back into the canister.
6. Thread the leaf on a piece of twine and tie to the bag.
7. Hot glue more leaves onto note cards.