Make it: I still Heart Owls! Fleece Throw
This little blanket can be whipped up in an afternoon. Fleece is very easy to work with and is almost always on sale in the fall.
I picked up the fleece fabric at Joann Fabrics and oh how I loved the colors. They are bright and poppy against the chocolate brown. Joann Fabrics has lots of owl goodies - check them out here.
Fleece fabric ( I used 1.5 yards)
Double fold bias tape - 3 packages
1. Cut off the selvage edge of the fabric. Cut the corners of the fleece into a curve for rounded edges. (I use a plate as a guide.) Open up the bias tape. Working on the right side of the fabric, pin the tape edge along the edge of the fabric until you reach the end of the tape.
2. To connect the bias tape pieces together, begin by folding the end of the first piece back.
3. Next, overlap the second piece of bias tape. By doing this method you will have a clean seam once finished. Repeat with the third piece of tape.
4. Sew the tape in place by stitching along the fold line.
5. Fold the tape back to the other side and pin in place.
6. Sew along the inside edge. And that is that! Sew simple!