from the derby days episode of Creative Juice
Capture the bright and bold look of jockey silks with these colorful, crafty party invitations.
12x12” piece of cardstock
Jockey silk template
8 ½ x 11” ivory cardstock
1. Fold the 12x12” cardstock and place the jockey silk template with the neckline on the fold. Cut out.
2. Cut pieces of cardstock to be sleeves, and ribbons to be stripes or other designs on the front of the silk.
3. On the ivory cardstock, print out the party details. Size the text so that it is no larger than 4” tall and 2 1/2” wide. Cut out the rectangle.
4. To make ribbon corners: apply a small amount of glue stick to the back of one corner of the rectangle. Place a small scrap of ribbon diagonally across the front of the corner and fold the ends back to meet in the back. Repeat for each corner.
5. Glue stick the party details to the inside of the silk, put in an envelope and mail (a 6x6” square works well, but requires additional postage).