Friday, May 08, 2009
pendant watch face
2" silver eye pin
31 chunky turquoise beads
32 silver ball spacer beads
2 daisy spacer beads
24" of 49-strand silver beading wire
1 silver toggle clasp
2 silver jump rings
2 silver crimp beads
2 silver crimp bead covers
1. Create the watch drop for the necklace by threading one daisy spacer, a turquoise bead, and then another daisy spacer onto the eye pin. Trim the excess wire, leaving 8 mm of wire. Use round-nose pliers to bend this wire into a matching "eye" loop. Thread the watch pendant onto the eye and pinch closed with pliers.
2. Attach a jump ring to one end of the toggle clasp. Thread one end of the beading wire through a crimp bead, then through the jump ring on the toggle, and back through the crimp bead. Use crimping pliers to first "squash" then "fold" closed the crimp bead to secure the wire; cover with a crimp bead cover.
3. Thread one silver ball spacer bead onto the end of the beading wire with the toggle. Add one turquoise bead. Keep adding beads, alternating between the two types, until 16 silver balls and 15 turquoise beads are on the wire.
4. Thread the eye of the watch drop onto the wire and add a silver ball spacer. Continue beading as with the first part of the necklace, alternating between turquoise beads and silver spacers until the remaining 16 spacers and 15 turquoise beads are on the wire.
5. Repeat Step 2 to attach the other toggle clasp using a crimp bead and crimp bead cover.