Saturday, February 28, 2009
2 teardrop-shaped carnelian beads
14 small round citrine beads
2 gold ear wires
gold beading wire
2 spherical gold crimp beads
2 tubular gold crimp beads
2 gold crimp bead covers
1. Thread three round citrine beads on a section of gold beading wire. Next, thread a carnelian teardrop bead and follow with three round citrine beads.
2. Bend the wire to form a loop, keeping both ends of the wire together at the top. Thread both ends of the wire through a gold crimp bead and thread one round citrine bead over both wire ends.
3. Gently pull one end of the wire down until it's shorter than the other end but still threaded through the spherical crimp bead and the citrine.
4. Thread one tubular crimp bead over both ends of the wire. Using needle-nose pliers, loop the longer end of the bead wire through the crimp bead to create a tiny loop.
5. Use the bottom groove of the crimping tool to crimp the tubular crimp bead; use the top groove of the crimping tool to flatten the crimp bead. Use jewelry wire-cutters to trim away any excess bead wire.
6. Position a crimp bead cover over the bead and gently press closed with the crimping tool. Repeat steps 1-9 for the second earring. The same technique can be used to create a necklace pendant.