Thursday, November 06, 2008
Make it: Ticket Bowl
roll of "fair/carnival" tickets
Mod Podge - gloss or matte
small piece of felt
1. Unroll the top five layers of tickets. Apply Mod Podge to the backs of these tickets and reroll back together. Keep the roll tight; these tickets will form the brim of the bowl. Use rubber bands to secure, if needed, while the glue dries.
2. Use your fingers to press the roll into a bowl form, pushing in the center and gently pulling on the sides to form a bowl shape.
3. Apply Mod Podge to the outside and inside of the ticket bowl.
4. Let dry; repeat with two more coats of Mod Podge.
5. Cut a piece of cardstock the size of the bottom of the bowl. Glue to the bowl bottom with découpage medium. Cut a piece of felt the same size and attach with Fabri-Tac glue.
Posted by Cathie Filian at 7:55 AM