Sunday, July 03, 2011
Fourth of July Recipes !
Here is some delicious recipes to tempt your taste buds......
Spiked Lavender Lemonade
5 c. water
1-1/2 c. sugar
6-12 stems of fresh lavender
2-1/4 c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
optional: 1 c. vodka
1. Bring 2-1/2 cups of water to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and add the sugar, stirring until dissolved, to create a simple syrup. Add the lavender stems and remove the saucepan from the heat.
2. Cover the pot and allow the mixture to cool about 10 minutes. This step allows the lavender to infuse into the syrup. Remove the lavender from the syrup and strain to remove any small pieces.
3. Combine the remaining water, lemon juice and lavender syrup and stir well. Serve over crushed ice and garnish with lemons and/or lavender sprigs.
Optional: Add 1 cup of vodka to make spiked lemonade for the adults.
fresh mango salsa
4 - salmon fillets - 5 ounce
kosher salt an pepper
2 cups cooked rice
heavy duty foil - 4 pieces
1. Place 1/2 cup of cooked rice in the center of each foil. Top with salmon. Rub the top of salmon with a drizzle of olive oil, add salt and pepper.
2. Fold foil packet to the center and crease, fold the sides and grill on a preheated grill (450), grill lid down for 15ish minutes. No need to turn! Remove from grill, allow to cool, and top with fresh mango salsa.
Basil and Lime Grilled Corn
1 Stick Butter - Salted
Large Bunch of Basil
1. Add the juice of 3 limes, 1 healthy palm-full of fresh chopped basil and 2 heads of chopped garlic to 1 stick of softened butter. Blend well. Spread over corn.
2. Wrap corn with foil and grill over indirect heat for 20-30 until done.
Cherry Cheesecake Pie
1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1-1/2 c. sour cream
2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened and cut in pieces
2 tbsp. melted butter
1 can (21 oz.) cherry pie filling
1 c. graham cracker crumbs (approximately 15 crackers)
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. melted butter
1. Combine crust ingredients. Press into a 9" pie pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 6 minutes. Cool before filling.
2. Prepare cheesecake pie filling by beating together eggs, sugar, vanilla and sour cream. Gradually add cream cheese, beating until thoroughly mixed. Beat in melted butter. Pour cheese mixture into the baked graham cracker crust.
3. Bake at 325 degrees for 35 minutes, or until set in center. Chill in the refrigerator; the pie will firm up as it cools. Top with cherry pie filling; chill thoroughly before serving.
Smores On a Stick
1 bag large marshmallows
1 bag chocolate chips
1 package graham crackers
lollipop sticks (found in the candymaking section of craft stores)
1. Melt chocolate in a double boiler or microwave, stirring often until smooth.
2. Crush graham crackers in a large zippered plastic bag; roll with a rolling pin or crush with the back of a spoon until the crackers are the consistency of breadcrumbs. Place crumbs in a bowl, add sprinkles and mix together.
3. Place a lollipop stick in a marshmallow, immerse the marshmallow in chocolate and then halfway into the crumbs.
Posted by Cathie Filian at 5:56 AM