Here is my recipe for Potato and Leek soup - so yummy!
Eddie and I in the kitchen. He loves my soup!
6 medium potatos
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp salt
4 cups organic chicken broth
2 cups whole milk or half and half if you dare
1/2 cup cream fraiche
1. Chop off the tops and ends of the leeks, leaving the white section. Keep a handful of the tops and discard the remaining tops and ends.
2. Slice the leeks (see the above pics) and crush the garlic.
3. In a stock pot, add the butter, leeks and garlic. Heat on low/med until soft.
4. Peel and chop the potatos into small cubes.
5. Add chicken stock, salt and potatos to the pot. Toss the a handful of tops into the pot. Bring to a boil and cook until tender.
6. Once cooked, remove the tops with tongs.
7. Remove from heat and very slowly add a small amount of the milk. Blending well, continue adding milk and add the cream fraiche at the end.
8. Ladle all but 1 cup of the soup into a glass blender (or use an immersion blender or a food processor) Puree until smooth.
9. Add the un-pureed cup to the soup and ladle into soup bowls. Top of with fresh ground pepper and a few chopped chives.
Enjoy and cuddle up,